Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Electric motor, again, help

On Aug 6, 5:05*am, "Ivan Vegvary" wrote:
Okay, I finally took the electric motor (3/4 hp, capacitor start) off the
cement mixer. *This is the motor that got flooded under water for about a
day or two (about 4 months ago).

Shaft will not turn. *What's my next step? *Tap on it with a soft mallet?
Try to take the end caps off? *Move the shaft axially?

If you've done this, please advise. *If you think it's a lost cause, tell
me.

Thanks, Ivan Vegvary

My guess is that there is rust/ mud between the rotor and stator. So
take the end bells off and see if the rotor can be pulled out of the
stator. If it is rust as I suspect clean if off and put something on
to prevent rusting. I use something like ATF with some wax dissolved
in it. The bearing may be alright. You can figure that out after you
get it cleaned up.

Definitely worth taking apart and looking.

Dan