Posted to alt.home.repair
Eric in North TX Eric in North TX is offline

Default uneven cutting - Craftsman lawn tractor

On Aug 5, 4:59*pm, (hillclimber)
wrote:
Have 42" Craftsman lawn tractor and am having difficulty getting a even
cut. *I level the deck with the adjustment bolts and the bottom of the
deck measures the same on both sides. *(attempted to measure the blade
height on each side but difficult to get a accurate measurement) *Still
getting a uneven cut - appears the extreme left side of the cut is 1/4
inch or so lower. *Suggestions on how to get a accurate adjustment?
Thanks,

Delivered via *http://www.thestuccocompany.com/

The way I set mine is; I make a standard out of a small piece of 2X4
cut to the height I desire. I park on concrete & put it under the
various blades then, adjust the deck so that the end fo the blade just
touches the block of wood. i then adjust the wheels on the deck to
3/4" from the ground. Btw have you checked your tires? A low tire can
cause uneven cutting too.