Posted to alt.home.repair
Joe Joe is offline

Default Fatigued washers?

On Aug 4, 7:40*pm, Aaron Fude wrote:
Hi,

Just bought a new saw which we disassembled for shipping.

In putting it back together I observed that the washed are "fatigued".
They have the imprints of the spring lock washers in them.

Is it a good idea to replace them or is it actually better to use these
"broken in" washers?

Thanks,

Aaron

Replace them if you can find some that are absolutely identical. The
imprints show that the lock washers were working. Don't overtorque the
bolt/nut system. Careful mechanics use inch-pound torque wrenches to
get things uniformly tight to prevent binding or warping housings.

Joe