Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Avoiding washer/dryer down stairs

One friend of mine got foreclosed out of her house, and
moved to a trailer. She likes that a lot better. However,
it's a lot of work to be moving house. With the messed up
economy, you may well be better off where you are.

Anyhow, yes, it should be possible to put a stackable in
place of a dish washer. You'd have to cut the exterior wall
for the dryer vent. As someone else wrote, the dryer may
need more power. Or may not. Stackable apartment size dryer
will likely run fine off your dishwasher's existing power.

I had a 110 volt small clothes dryer, years ago. The timer
was bad. Finally, I ran a couple indoor clotheslines, and I
don't even own or use a clothes dryer. I indoor line dry my
clothes. Have done so, for the last 10 plus years. My
washing machine, was here when I moved in, in 1994.

To summarize, you have an excellent idea. Please get at
least two or three estimates.

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

wrote in message
Serious questions: Can you take out a dishwasher from a
kitchen and
replace with a small (stackable?) clothes washer (and
dryer)? Could a
plumber easily do that? Even sillier question: Clothes
can't be
effectively washed in a dishwasher, can they? I am older
and want to
stay in my home, but the washer/dryer is in the basement.
My doctor
said to avoid steps. Helpful answer would be deep
appreciated. (I am
considering a chair lift, but would rather not depend on
that.) Anyway
thanks so much.