Dr. Know

Default Any tools still made in the USA?

On Mon, 10 Nov 2003 22:56:02 GMT, Phisherman wrote:

I have only one bench grinder in my shop, mostly for sharpening lawn
mower blades. It's a 3/4HP, costs $28, and made in China. Really
cheap, been running for years, and useful. I doubt the USA could make
them that cheap.

Probably not. Your neighbors want to make enough to live.
The US Gov. won't allow US MFGs to dump PCBs and motor varnishes into
the river, require safety measure in the plant, and regulate hours and
pay rates.

Mexico and China don't care. They just dump the dead workers bodies
into the Rio Grand along with the medical waste, trash, and dead
animals.

They also, and most importantly, don't have heards of avaricious
lawyers.

Greg