Posted to alt.home.repair
Smitty Two Smitty Two is offline

Default Avoiding washer/dryer down stairs

In article
,
Smitty Two wrote:

In article ,
wrote:

Serious questions: Can you take out a dishwasher from a kitchen and
replace with a small (stackable?) clothes washer (and dryer)? Could a
plumber easily do that? Even sillier question: Clothes can't be
effectively washed in a dishwasher, can they? I am older and want to
stay in my home, but the washer/dryer is in the basement. My doctor
said to avoid steps. Helpful answer would be deep appreciated. (I am
considering a chair lift, but would rather not depend on that.) Anyway
thanks so much.

Let be the first to say, yes, no, and maybe. Biggest concern is going to
be getting electric power, or gas, to the dryer.

Oops. I meant yes, maybe, and no.