Posted to alt.home.repair
HeyBub[_3_] HeyBub[_3_] is offline

Default How to kill those "Klunkers"

Smitty Two wrote:
In article ,
"HeyBub" wrote:

DerbyDad03 wrote:

I'm guessing that the first few times a mechanic gets to do this to
a car could be fun.

After years of getting filthy and frustrated making old clunkers
run, it must feel good to exact a little revenge and rev them up
until they seize solid and die, while he sits there evilly rubbing
his hands together and laughing maniacally.

Yep. I can see the grin on his face as he watches a 1970 Corvette
with 2 4-barrel carbs go through the death-rattle.

OK, now it's your turn to cite someone who actually traded in such a
car for a $4500 rebate on a new, uh, um, Honda Civic?

Eventually, probably after several court cases and FISA requests, the
administration will release the makes and models of vehicles traded in to
bolster the auto industry, and we'll be able to tell with precision.

As of right now, the effects, in general and in specific, are being kept
under wraps by the government.