Posted to alt.home.repair
Nate Nagel Nate Nagel is offline

Default How to kill those "Klunkers"

Smitty Two wrote:
In article ,
"HeyBub" wrote:

DerbyDad03 wrote:
I'm guessing that the first few times a mechanic gets to do this to a
car could be fun.

After years of getting filthy and frustrated making old clunkers run,
it must feel good to exact a little revenge and rev them up until they
seize solid and die, while he sits there evilly rubbing his hands
together and laughing maniacally.

Yep. I can see the grin on his face as he watches a 1970 Corvette with 2
4-barrel carbs go through the death-rattle.

OK, now it's your turn to cite someone who actually traded in such a
car for a $4500 rebate on a new, uh, um, Honda Civic?

not quite in the same league, but at least one person traded in an '88
535is...

http://thelede.blogs.nytimes.com/200...rs-crushed/?hp

poor car deserved a better end.

nate