Posted to alt.home.repair
DerbyDad03 DerbyDad03 is offline

Default How to kill those "Klunkers"

On Aug 4, 3:21*pm, wrote:
On Aug 4, 2:25*pm, DerbyDad03 wrote:

"Heck from some accounts, vehicles from the CARS program are
showing up on auction lots, running and driving under their own power
already"

Cite please.

Cite what? I read it on a forum site in a thread with more ignorant
whining about the whole CARS program. It was one of those "I heard it
from a guy who heard it from a guy" situations.

I dunno if the claim is legitimate. That's why I said, "by some
accounts." You can't deny that it is plausible. I have no doubts that
it is actually happening somewhere. Remember you can tell that a car
dealer is lying, because his lips are moving. What's stopping them
from trying to double-dip?

"Unless the vehicles are DESTROYED..."

The program requires that the engine be destroyed and the vehicle
labled attesting that fact. If the dealers are getting around that
requirement, then what will stop them from getting around the
requirement that the entire vehicle be destroyed?

At this stage of the game, I have no doubts that some dealers are
TRYING to get around the requirement. Whether they manage to get away
with it will remain to be seen. All we can do is watch the news for
the headlines, "Auto Dealer Fined for Double-Dipping on CARS Program."

"I dunno if the claim is legitimate. That's why I said, "by some
accounts.""

So you are using a rumor that you read in a thread similar to this one
to bolster your argument that dealers are double-dipping?

If I made a claim and followed it up with "I heard it from a guy who
heard it from a guy", would you put a lot of faith in what I said? I
doubt it...yet you are willing to use something you read in a forum,
something you admit you can't verify, as part of your argument that
they have to change the requirements of the program.

"You can't deny that it is plausible."

I won't argue that your claim of double-dipping is plausible, but when
you toss in rumors and unsubstantiated information, your argument
loses credibility.

"Remember you can tell that a car dealer is lying, because his
lips are moving"

Old jokes and derogatory generalizations don't help either.