Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Rich Grise Rich Grise is offline

Default Need Help identifying a source

On Sat, 01 Aug 2009 23:11:15 +0200, Steve Lusardi wrote:

I have machined up two polycarboate discs that are to be used as compass
cards. I have not been able to find a source of the layered silkscreening
necessary for the graphics. I have created the correctly sized image in MS
Visio. I just need someone to transfer the graphics to the cards. Do any of
you know of a source?

I used to work at a place where they did their own silkscreening. I don't
know where they got the screens, but for some reason, the figure of $75
a pop rings a bell.

There's more than likely someone in town (or the nearest large city) that
can make screens for you - just look in the yellow pages. Making a frame
is almost trivial, but there's a certain amount of technique to applying
the ink with the squeegee; but you can do as much practics as you want
on any throwaway scrap pieces.

Have Fun!
Rich