Posted to uk.d-i-y
clot clot is offline

Default Demolition ooops

geoff wrote:
In message , Clot
writes
Andrew Gabriel wrote:
In article
,
Andy Dingley writes:
On 4 Aug, 17:51, Adam Aglionby wrote:
Obviously roofing grade concrete
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=diZU4bfxrKw

Flour mill. They're always difficult to demolish, as they're so
strongly constructed. Must be one of the few buildings where you
could tip it on its side without it immediately self-dismantling
under gravity.

One does wonder though just WTF the demolition engineer thought he
was doing with such asymmetry though?

I was searching for one I recall in London -- think it was this one
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UsePUn5-88c
Next morning, full page ads in many of the daily papers, with a
super cool bloke standing in the foreground smoking a cigar, with
the half demolished leaning building in the background, and the
slogan "Happyness is a cigar called Hamlet". You had to admire the
speed that Hamlet and their advertising agency got that into print.

Hamlet produced some wonderful adverts in their day, such as:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rlYMID5qCdE

Thank you. I'd forgotten about both of those.

Leonard rossiter and the cinzano ad anyone ?

You b%gg$r. I almost sprayed the monitor with a red alcoholic liquid from
S.A.!