Posted to alt.home.repair

Default identifying a electical circuit

In the case of FPE breakers, it does other things.

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"The Daring Dufas" wrote in
message ...
wrote:
The nice electricians that replace the knob and tube in my
house
removed all the labels I had on the panel.

What can I use to identify the circuits for the baseboard
heaters and
plugs and light?

You can always use the tried and true "Jesus Method".
A pair of jumper wires with a plug on one end and a
bit of insulation stripped from each wire. You plug
it in to an outlet, turn your face away to avoid the
bright flash and touch the bare wires together whilst
shouting JESUS! Then go find the tripped breaker. As
a plus, it also tests the breakers.

TDD