Mark & Juanita

Default Master Cabinetmaker

In article m, "@sbc
(nospam)global.net" " says...
The same question was posed about 'Master Carpenter' Norm Abram. Who
ordained Norm a master carpenter??? Or was it just Master Craftsman???
Not to take anything away from Norm........

IIRC from several years ago, this was an appellation that Russ Morash
applied to Norm in order to make NYW more saleable. According to the
story I read, Norm did not really like the title.

Bob S. wrote:

In another thread (Building Kitchen Cabinets), one post referenced a
particular author and web site. I viewed the sample the author provides of
his book and in it, he states that he is a master cabinetmaker. I have no
argument with that but am wondering what organization in the US has the
right / authority to bestow the title of master cabinetmaker?

Would seem that to be called a master cabinetmaker, there must be some form
of testing, certification or review by a recognized organization that
confirms your work meets the degree of craftsmanship required to be
considered a master. I can find numerous references to "master
cabinetmakers" but nothing on how that title is achieved.

Bob S.