Posted to alt.home.repair
Tony[_19_] Tony[_19_] is offline

Default Stinky clothes

DerbyDad03 wrote:
On Aug 3, 2:58 pm, Tony wrote:
Phisherman wrote:
On Sun, 02 Aug 2009 21:33:57 -0500, Wilfred Xavier Pickles
wrote:
You got these clothes (especially underwear) that you've been wearing
for years. You clean 'em normal in a washing machine with good detergent
and clothes softener (Snuggle or whatever). And they still don't
smell right.
What makes clothes stinky? What can one do to make 'em unstinky
(like unscented)???
Thx,
Will
Use unscented soap, no fabric softeners, baking soda in the wash,
vinegar in the rinse. Dry the clothes on a clothes line in the sun.

And in the future don't let wet clothes/towels sit in a hamper or a pile
on the floor letting them develop mildew. If it's not getting washed
the next day it will start to mildew unless you hang them over the sides
of the hamper or somewhere else to dry. My X wife would pile wet towels
into a basket letting them mildew. Then she would claim she need
scented detergent to get rid of the mildew smell (and I'm allergic).
That doesn't get rid of the smell, it just covers it up. She refused to
listen so I washed all of the (almost new) towels using a good amount of
chlorine bleach. I gave them an extra wash to get rid of the chlorine
and they smelled like..... nothing! Wanna hear a woman bitch, just go
bleach all her fancy colored bath towels. Can't say I didn't warn her.- Hide quoted text -

Was that part of the reason for the use of the letter "X"? g

I knew someone would mention that! :-) At the time I hoped it would
steer things that direction but that was just a tiny thing compared to
the whole messy affair. No not that kind of affair! I simply married
the wrong woman.