Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Need help with refridgerator

Sounds like someone got a good deal on a half jug of R-12.
I'm in NYS, near Rochester. Are we any where close?

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"Bob-tx" wrote in message

Thanks for all the suggestions. I don't have any freon
and
wouldn't know how to put it in if I did. I had a 30 pound
bottle of
R12, used it for years to top off the units in our two
vehicles.
Sold it last year - half gone, for three times what I paid
for the
whole thing.

I am good with tools, mechanics, etc, but don't know a
darn thing
about refridgeration so don't have any confidence in
trying
anything. Don't know where the the condenser coills are
located,
but will try to find them.

Other than that, I think it is time to junk it and get
another
one -
if I can find something on Craigslist.

Thanks again for the info.