Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Need help with refridgerator

Check the nameplate. Might be a 134a fridge.

The can tap things for 134a have a quick connect fitting,
won't help with a piercing valve. I did use an old can of 12
to juice up a fridge, one time, for a friend.

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

wrote in message
On Mon, 3 Aug 2009 04:47:29 -0600, "Bob-tx"

After you have tried everything and you decided it was low
on Freon
you could try shooting in about a half a can of R134 via a
piercing
valve. I know it is the wrong gas and a dozen other things
but I have
seen people squeak another year or two out of a dead one
that way. If
you do have a dusty can of R12 you could use that but it is
worth more
than a running fridge.