Posted to alt.home.repair
Oren[_2_] Oren[_2_] is offline

Default HUMOR: New storm door installed

On Mon, 03 Aug 2009 17:30:48 -0400, George
wrote:

Oren wrote:
On Mon, 03 Aug 2009 15:24:01 -0400, willshak
wrote:

on 8/3/2009 3:09 PM (ET) Tony wrote the following:
willshak wrote:
on 8/3/2009 7:57 AM (ET) HeyBub wrote the following:
It's only a door, but the owner had to start somewhe

http://thereifixedit.com/wp-content/...-stormdoor.jpg
The lawn is nicely mown too!
And the riding mower looks new too! (way on the left side)

Aha. A Cub Cadet I assume. I didn't see that.

What you didn't see is the lack of "yard ornaments". Where are all the
boats, cars, cement blocks, etc?

I would buy that house for a couple thousand dollars.

There was a very similar property in a nearby town. The owner had
apparently inherited the place and didn't have or didn't want to spend
the money to repair it but couldn't part with it for some reason. The
neighbors kept on him to do something so he kept the grass neatly cut
and free of the usual "lawn ornaments" for many many years. One day the
roof simply fell in. The remains were removed a few days later.

Sad story. He should have sold the timber.

That ugly house has some real good lumber inside. For 2K I would still
buy it.