Posted to alt.home.repair
metspitzer metspitzer is offline

Default identifying a electical circuit

On Mon, 3 Aug 2009 12:44:49 -0700 (PDT), DerbyDad03
wrote:

On Aug 3, 3:53*am, wrote:
The nice electricians that replace the knob and tube in my house
removed all the labels I had on the panel. *

What can I use to identify the circuits for the baseboard heaters and
plugs and light?

I built an Excel spreadsheet detailing the inner workings of my
breaker box since I have rooms/areas that are controlled by more than
one breaker. Putting all the correct info on a little label next a
breaker would be impossible. I have entries such as:

Breaker 9 - Garage receptacles except for Breaker 10. Not garage
lights.
Breaker 10 - Dedicated freezer receptacle in Garage
Breaker 11 - Garage lights, exterior lights for front door and garage
door
Breaker 15 - NW bedroom plus upper landing light

I put the sheet in a plastic document holder and taped it to the
breaker box. Updating the sheet is a breeze when I make a change, add
a receptacle, etc.

North lighting N Lite
West power W Pwr
Makes it easy enough to find without getting too detailed.