Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Larry Jaques Larry Jaques is offline

Default More engine pictures

On Mon, 03 Aug 2009 10:06:06 -0500, the infamous Ignoramus28480
scrawled the following:

On 2009-08-03, RoyJ wrote:
Yeah. I used to be able to pull the 283 out of my Comet (yep, chevy in a
Ford!) in less than an hour. Of course, I had a LOT of practice. sigh.

When I was sixteen, I could have the heads off a 283 Chevy motor in about an
hour. Now it takes me that long to change my oil.

Keep in mind that cars have become a lot more difficult to work on,
since you were 18 or 16 etc.

My first truck was a '61 Ford F-100 with the 312CID V-8 engine. I
could climb over the fender and stand next to the engine during the
tuneup, removing the plugs/points/condenser/cap/rotor from the ground
on either side.

My 2007 Toyota Tundra is a larger pickup but it doesn't have more than
4" of clear space on either side. Additionally, its 4.7L engine is
physically smaller than the old 312.

I much prefer the newer vehicles. Does anyone here miss working on
those damned carburetors? EFI is sooooooo nice!

--
A great preservative against angry and mutinous thoughts, and all
impatience and quarreling, is to have some great business and