Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
jeff_wisnia jeff_wisnia is offline

Default Was W this stupid?

Edward A. Falk wrote:

In article ,
ATP* wrote:

The three-phase grid that was being put in place at the end of Edison's life
has not changed that much- it certainly has changed a lot since Edison's
first power plant on Pearl Street and DC distribution system.

For the record, the last piece of the DC grid was just shut down a few
months ago.

I remember renting a student apartment in Boston circa 1955 and finding
out to my horror that the place was still on DC.

I was a "Hi-Fi" buff at the time and couldn't put up without AC to run
all my gear, and I didn't want to try and get by with the vibrator DC to
AC inverters available back then.

So, I moved out the day after I moved in, and the landlord was nice
about it.

Jeff

--
Jeffry Wisnia