Posted to alt.home.repair
Bob-tx Bob-tx is offline

Default Need help with refridgerator

"Bob-tx" wrote in message
Is there is anything I can or should do about a 12 year old
refridgerator in my workshop. It is a medium size house

appliance
that I bought used for $200. It has worked well, but has

recently
quit cooling to some extent.

The freezer (separate compartment on top), will barely keep ice

and.
I can put Cokes of beer in the freezer and they will not freeze.
Nice and cold to drink though.

In the refrigerator part, the temp runs about 50 to 55 degrees.

I cleaned the dirt off the fan located at the bottom back of the
unit. Didn't think it would help, and it didn't.

I doubt that the unit is worth the $50 for a service call, + any
parts. Not even sure someone could fix it. Is there anything I

can
or should do to see if I can fix it.

Thanks in advance for advice,

Bob-tx

Thanks for all the suggestions. I don't have any freon and
wouldn't know how to put it in if I did. I had a 30 pound bottle of
R12, used it for years to top off the units in our two vehicles.
Sold it last year - half gone, for three times what I paid for the
whole thing.

I am good with tools, mechanics, etc, but don't know a darn thing
about refridgeration so don't have any confidence in trying
anything. Don't know where the the condenser coills are located,
but will try to find them.

Other than that, I think it is time to junk it and get another
one -
if I can find something on Craigslist.

Thanks again for the info.

Bob-tx