Posted to alt.home.repair
Tony Hwang Tony Hwang is offline

Default Under pine tree leak in sprinkler system

golfere wrote:

-------------------------------------
I had a leak 18" under a pine tree roots. I found and repaired the leak,
but now I can not stop a dripping leak in one of the repaired joints.

I am using 3/4 tubeing and 3/4 connecters and hose clamps. I used a heat
gun to get the connectors into the tubing and all is OK until I install
the hose clamps and theen the dipping leak starts. If I tighten one clamp,
the other starts to leak so I go back an forth hoping to tighten just
enough to stop the leak.
At this point, the leak is 3 drips per minute.

Should I use plumber's tape around the connectors? Help, this is killing
my back working 18" under the tree roots.

Thanks,

Delivered via
http://www.thestuccocompany.com/

Hi,
Heat gun? Use water or vaseline to push on the tubing.
Also while at it I'd reroute it to more accessible spot.
I had a leak under a concrete flower bed edge. I just
rerouted it using same method as you tried. Make sure you get
high quality clamp(no China made crap) and no heat gun please.