Posted to alt.home.repair
DerbyDad03 DerbyDad03 is offline

Default Stinky clothes

On Aug 2, 10:33*pm, Wilfred Xavier Pickles
wrote:
You got these clothes (especially underwear) that you've been wearing
for years. You clean 'em normal in a washing machine with good detergent
and clothes softener (Snuggle or whatever). And they still don't
smell right.

What makes clothes stinky? What can one do to make 'em unstinky
(like unscented)???

* Thx,
* Will

How long do you leave them in the washer before you dry them? Too long
and mildew starts to form.

We have noticed that since we bought a front loader which spins at
1100 RPM, the clothes need to be removed sooner than in our old top
loader.

I think that because they are so much dryer after being spun in the
front loader, they begin to get odiferous a little sooner.

In addition, if you are drying them too much, they can take a bit of a
burnt odor for a short time. Bath towels are the worst culprit.