Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
James Waldby James Waldby is offline

Default Baldor Electric plant photo

On Mon, 03 Aug 2009 08:18:31 -0500, Ignoramus28480 wrote:

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/08/01/bu...n.html?_r=1&hp

I have to admit that, by looking at this photo, I do not recognize any
parts at all and have never seen them as parts of electric motors.

I imagine that the large flat disks are blanks for
motor shells, that will be deep-drawn in a later step.

OT - Another article has a picture of a statue in Tsonjin Boldog.
http://www.nytimes.com/2009/08/03/world/asia/03genghis.html
says "A 131-foot-tall statue of Genghis Khan and his horse, in
stainless steel, sits atop the Mongolian steppe..." and "... 250
tons of gleaming stainless steel. Visitors can even take an elevator
and emerge from between his legs to gaze at the lush Mongolian steppe
from a deck atop his steeds head."

--
jiw