Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Need help with refridgerator

Cool but not cold is typically one of several problems:

Dirty condensor coils
Bad fan
Low freon

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"Bob-tx" wrote in message
Is there is anything I can or should do about a 12 year old
refridgerator in my workshop. It is a medium size house
appliance
that I bought used for $200. It has worked well, but has
recently
quit cooling to some extent.

The freezer (separate compartment on top), will barely keep
ice and.
I can put Cokes of beer in the freezer and they will not
freeze.
Nice and cold to drink though.

In the refrigerator part, the temp runs about 50 to 55
degrees.

I cleaned the dirt off the fan located at the bottom back of
the
unit. Didn't think it would help, and it didn't.

I doubt that the unit is worth the $50 for a service call, +
any
parts. Not even sure someone could fix it. Is there
anything I can
or should do to see if I can fix it.

Thanks in advance for advice,

Bob-tx