Posted to alt.home.repair

Default What gutter gaurds have you tried?

On Mon, 3 Aug 2009 04:42:13 +0000 (UTC), ShadowTek

On 2009-08-03, Phisherman wrote:

I have the brown ones, still holding up after 15 years (e.TN). I
still clean/inspect the gutters once a year.

I don't even see how that's possible, unless the batch I got was
different type of plastic.

Are they installed under or over the shingles?

About an inch slips under the shingle. The front edge clips to the
gutter.

Are your gutters exposed to direct sunlight, or are you in the shade of
evergreens or something?

Full sun, can be 100 degrees. Yes they have faded. May you got a
bad batch or they don't make them like they did 15 years ago.