Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Damaged Dining Room Table finish

On Sun, 02 Aug 2009 23:40:40 -0400, Hank
wrote:

Need help. Dumb me put a basket of oven warm bread on our dining room
table without a hot pad. When I removed it after dinner wife was quick
to point out I damaged her table. There was a white mark where basket
had been. I used some liquid gold and the whiteness is gone but there
is still a clear area where it was. Any ideas outisde of refinishing
the whole table to fix it? I assume it might be damage to the varnish
finish?

Thanks

email response not expected but to respond remove .uk at end
TIA
Hank

Rub a small dab of mayonaise into the white mark with a soft cloth. If
that don't work you've got a serious finishing job in your future.