Posted to alt.home.repair
Hank[_5_] Hank[_5_] is offline

Default Damaged Dining Room Table finish

Need help. Dumb me put a basket of oven warm bread on our dining room
table without a hot pad. When I removed it after dinner wife was quick
to point out I damaged her table. There was a white mark where basket
had been. I used some liquid gold and the whiteness is gone but there
is still a clear area where it was. Any ideas outisde of refinishing
the whole table to fix it? I assume it might be damage to the varnish
finish?

Thanks

email response not expected but to respond remove .uk at end
TIA
Hank