Mark Jerde

Default Any tools still made in the USA?

RKON wrote:
Steve:

I think you need to wake up about jobs going oversea's. I work selling
software and all of my clients are moving their IT staff over to
India, China and Phillipines. It is call L-1 Visa's and offshoring.
These are $40,000 -100,000+ jobs. Never coming back. Go to
Businessweek.com and search on L-1 Visa or outsourcing. You will be
suprised that it is also accounting, radiology, engineering,
architects, drafting,and on and on.

(I lost my computer-related job as part of the .com crash and have yet to
make 50% of the income I was making before. I personally feel the pain.)

If indeed we're in a global economy, why isn't this "natural" or even
"desireable"? The key is for the workers who lost their jobs to find other
ways to add even more value to the entire human species. See the writings
of Paul Zane Pilzer for more on this.

I have yet to realize the way in which I can add sufficient value to the
human race to derive the income I wish to receive, but believe me, I'm
working on it. You can't sit around and wish for things to be as they used
to be!

-- Mark