Posted to alt.home.repair

Default What gutter gaurds have you tried?

On Sun 02 Aug 2009 12:04:58a, ShadowTek told us...

I haven't tried either of the first two. When we lived in NE Ohio, our
gutter guards were similar if not identical to the mesh type in picture
#3. We lived in a heavily wooded area that included both broadleaf and
evergreen trees. The guards were very effective. However, no matter
what you put on your gutters, the guards themselves require periodic
cleaning. In our case we generally cleaned them in late Fall after all
the leaves had fallen. In truth, there really wasn't much to clean up,
but just making sure that the guards didn't have an accumulcation of
leaves.

Did you install them over or under the shingles?

Under the shingles.

Did they lay flat or did they bow one way or the other?

They bowed slightly outward (upward).

--
Wayne Boatwright
He who eats alone chokes alone. Proverb