Posted to alt.home.repair
ShadowTek[_2_] ShadowTek[_2_] is offline

Default What gutter gaurds have you tried?

On 2009-08-02, Wayne Boatwright wrote:

I haven't tried either of the first two. When we lived in NE Ohio, our
gutter guards were similar if not identical to the mesh type in picture #3.
We lived in a heavily wooded area that included both broadleaf and
evergreen trees. The guards were very effective. However, no matter what
you put on your gutters, the guards themselves require periodic cleaning.
In our case we generally cleaned them in late Fall after all the leaves had
fallen. In truth, there really wasn't much to clean up, but just making
sure that the guards didn't have an accumulcation of leaves.

Did you install them over or under the shingles?

Did they lay flat or did they bow one way or the other?