Posted to alt.home.repair
Joe Joe is offline

Default Making a countertop -- questions re; wood

On Aug 1, 10:08*am, Jim Elbrecht wrote:

snip

I don't like voids.

That's why some folks pay more for cabinet grade or marine plywood.

To the op- I would definitely go with exterior- but if you're anal,
you can avoid having to fill any edge voids by using marine grade.
[same glue in both]

Marine plywood I've used has more plies, is stronger, and I've never
found a void. With only two layers it might be a price stand off vs.
three of lesser grade plywood. It definitely works up better with nice
clean edges. If the strength issue is compelling, a bucks extra cost
may save some grief down the line.

Joe