Manny Davis

Default Any tools still made in the USA?

otforme (Charlie Self) wrote in
:

Ed Pawlowski writes:

Back in the 80's when PCs were hitting the home market, a keyboard
made in the US was about $130. Today you can get one made overseas for
$10.

Yeah. I've got one of those. I use the Microsoft shaped keyboard.
Bought one of the first ones out for a total of just a shade under 100
bucks. When it started getting a little iffy, I went looking and found
a similar keyboard...or so I was told. That was about 30 bucks. At
this point, I'm using the old keyboard, cleaning it often, even though
the keys still stick enough to screw up my typing.

Greed is not a component, nor is a desire to save money on important
components. I'd GLADLY pay the same for another keyboard like this
one. Even a bit more. Forget it. They no longer exist and probably
haven't for several years.

http://www.pckeyboard.com/