Posted to rec.woodworking
phorbin phorbin is offline

Default Google Groups Search

In article ,
says...
phorbin wrote:
In article ,

says...

A news readar and news server is not a substitute for the dejanews
archive that Google maintains, containing posts going back into the
late '80s.

Google is not a substitute for the dejanews archive, which Google
lost.

When did this loss occur?

It was a failed attempt to migrate the Dejanews database to Google. I
don't know how much they lost, but every thing I'd written was erased
from the record and I'd been a participant all over the place for a long
time.

There was a sorta oops, we broke it permanently message when it
happened. --I'll admit to wondering if they meant to break it.

The information is here
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Deja_News