Edwin Pawlowski

Default Any tools still made in the USA?

BRuce wrote in message news:1068494853.663258@sj-nntpcache-3...

minimum wage has nothing to do with offshore jobs, just greed, plain ole
Merican greed.

BRuce

Greed is a portion of the equation. Consumers DEMAND low prices. Are you
willing to pay a higher price for USA made goods? Put a Brand X saw from
USA and one from China side by side. Only difference is the price tag, the
US made is $100 more. Make your choice. Just read this newsgroup about
tools and see the questions about getting the best deal or lowest price.

Back in the 80's when PCs were hitting the home market, a keyboard made in
the US was about $130. Today you can get one made overseas for $10.

At work I just bought 2 containers of material from Korea. I saved the
company about $8000. Am I greedy? No, because my competitors are doing the
same thing and pricing the final product accordingly, not making greater (if
any!) profit from it. If I did not do so, we'd be out of business in six
months.
Ed