Posted to alt.home.repair
Bob Villa Bob Villa is offline

Default Grey Squirrel Birthing Patterns

On Jul 30, 5:47*pm, frank1492 wrote:
I live in Massachusetts and squirrels have gotten into the area above
my sun parlor ceiling though some rotted fascia board. The entry point
is clearly visible.
* * *Before trying to drive them out (I propose loud banging,
mothballs and ammonia soaked rags which I will position at the end
of the ceiling opposite the entry point by making another hole), can
someone tell me when the young are most likely to have left the nest?
Once before I waited until November, and had no problem with dead
squirrels/babies left inside. (My worst fear.)
* * *Yep, you're right. I didn't extend the wire mesh far enough
beyond the point where they got in before and they chewed around it
and got in again!
* * **This time* I will be sure all the rotted wood is replaced
completely!
* * * Thanks
* * * * * *Frank

If your gray squirrel went North far enough he would be "grey". But
not in Mass. ; )