Posted to alt.home.repair
Don Phillipson[_3_] Don Phillipson[_3_] is offline

Default Grey Squirrel Birthing Patterns

"frank1492" wrote in message

I live in Massachusetts and squirrels have gotten into the area above
my sun parlor ceiling though some rotted fascia board. The entry point
is clearly visible.
Before trying to drive them out (I propose loud banging,
mothballs and ammonia soaked rags which I will position at the end
of the ceiling opposite the entry point by making another hole), can
someone tell me when the young are most likely to have left the nest?

By late July the first litter has probably already left
the nest -- but you need never concern yourself about the
newborn's welfare when removing nesting squirrels. So
long as the adults have an easy route out (if you place a
long pole between the entry point and the ground) the adults
will carry the young out as soon as they decide to vacate.
Five to 10 minutes banging on the fascia (with another
long pole) usually suffices.

--
Don Phillipson
Carlsbad Springs