Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Larry Jaques Larry Jaques is offline

Default OT-Bloomberg uses final solution

On Thu, 30 Jul 2009 20:19:06 -0500, the infamous "David R.Birch"
scrawled the following:

Ed Huntress wrote:
"Wes" wrote in message
"azotic" wrote:

Seems an old idea is reborn.

Mayor Michael R. Bloomberg defended a city program to send homeless
families
out of New York on planes, trains and buses on Wednesday.

http://cityroom.blogs.nytimes.com/20...-for-homeless/

So how is Bloomberg going to take it when the target cities send their
homeless to NYC?

Wes

If they have families or friends who will take them in and support them in
New York, there's no problem. That's how NYC's plan works, in the other
direction.

Your question suggests that maybe you don't understand how it works, Wes.
Did you read it?

--
Ed Huntress

I just reread it, and I don't see anything in the article about
support for the transported at their destinations.

“I don’t know, when they get to the other places, whether they find
jobs,” Mr. Bloomberg said. “It may be an easier place for them. If we
don’t — we either have two choices. We can do this program or pay an
enormous amount of money daily to provide housing.”

Hizzoner da mayor doesn't seem concerned as long as they leave.

FWIW, let NYC go into meltdown. Send bread so they can eat the
homeless (and the pigeons.

--
A great preservative against angry and mutinous thoughts, and all
impatience and quarreling, is to have some great business and