Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
EIsmith EIsmith is offline

Default OT-Bloomberg uses final solution

"azotic" wrote in message
Seems an old idea is reborn.

Mayor Michael R. Bloomberg defended a city program to send homeless
families out of New York on planes, trains and buses on Wednesday.

I've seen some of this first hand just up thruway in Albany when the former
NYC residents get off the bus and decide its time for a meal. So they call
911 and get a ride to the hospital, a meal, a caseworker and a shelter
referral. I've seen people from all over Fl Ga Tn Nj Sc Nc Tx not to mention
Ny city, some of them even have a note pad with instructions #1 call Ems for
whatever reason ( I'm sick,I have a rash, I ran out of my meds , ::Personal
fav was "my leg fell asleep on the bus ride and now its all tingles": #2
when you get to the hospital tell them your homeless and ask for a social
worker. In 17 yrs I've only seen 1 Homeless family take this approach, the
rest are usually men 30-50 a few are women, most appear to be physically fit
enough to work @ something but take this approach for one reason or
another.A good number have some form of mental illness and some just want a
change of scenery and heard about NYS's generous social service benefits.
The stories vary but the sure thing is that they keep coming.

Andrew