Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Cutting Floor

On Jul 30, 11:49*am, "GTS" wrote:
I need to replace a 5/8 plywood floor in a half bath. *I want to cut it
flush to the wall without having to tear up the drywall. *I was planning to
use a Sawzall (which will be a bit difficult to do neatly), but am wondering
if a multi-function oscillating tool might be better suited.
*Money is a little tight right now. * HF has a low cast tool available right
now. *Would this be up to the job?http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/cta...emnumber=65700

Thanks!

You will probably need to pull the kick moulding up as well. That
thing is probably going to be sloooow. I would still use a sawzall.
Keep the damage to the wallboard low and it will be covered when you
put the moulding back on. Make sure you don't have anything you need
to avoid in the way of the sawzall. I would cut the center out with a
circular saw set just deep enough to get the ply. Then work on the
edges.