Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Google Groups Search

On 7/30/2009 7:40 AM Jack Stein spake thus:

David Nebenzahl wrote:

Someone should compose a requiem for DejaNews, which was a hundred times
better than Google's ****ed-up implementation of an internet archive
(complete with non-altruistic profit motive, unlike Deja).

Except, Deja is GONE!

Well, that's my point.

Not to mention I have never had to pay Google a dime, for anything from
which they profit. In fact, I often marvel at how much they are worth,
considering they charge consumers nothing for their services. Not bad
for a company with a "non-altruistic profit motive"

Of course they don't charge users for their services. But think for a
minute about how they make their money, and who pays them for what.