Posted to rec.woodworking
Andrew Barss Andrew Barss is offline

Default Google Groups Search

Mike wrote:
: So, I was trying to do a search of the group archives using Google
: Groups. It seems that I'm only getting results from the past month. I
: did a test search on the term 'saw' and only got 280 results, with the
: oldest being from July 9.

: I've looked all over in the groups preferences and so on, but cannot
: find anything that would set a limit on the age of the results. Any
: one have the same problem, or a fix?

I've been having problems searching newsgroups on Google for months now.
If you go to "advanced search", there is a date delimiter, but
more often than not I can't retrieve posts I know exist even if
I set the date rang for the last ten years.

Something's awry.

-- Andy Barss