Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
charlie charlie is offline

Default Is Motzarella down?

"DoN. Nichols" wrote in message
On 2009-07-29, RBnDFW wrote:
Steve W. wrote:

[ ... ]

Motzarella changed over to a different name. You should have a user name
and password for an account, those will still work with the new system.

This is the new version.
http://www.eternal-september.org/

Yep, gotta change everything.

You should have got a couple emails.

Is it just me, or does that name sounds a bit...creepy?

It is a reference to when usenet used to get flooded with
newbies every September as new students came on line -- and it took a
while to get netequette pounded into them.

Once AOL started offering usenet, and other similar ISPs, there
came a constant influx of newbies, who eventually outnumbered those who
knew how things worked on usenet, leading to the posting in HTML,
regular top-posting (instead of interleaved quoting), and similar
offenses -- and not enough mass of older users to pound sense into them.

So -- we are currently living through an "eternal September" --
even though places like AOL have dropped usenet -- after flooding it
with newbies which changed the flavor forever.

Enjoy,
DoN.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eternal_September