Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default show pump in the loft

On Wed, 29 Jul 2009 23:28:06 -0700 (PDT), sbb wrote:

The first one being that it says no to install in the loft due to the
fact it could freeze. Is this a real problem,

It could be if you loft is well insulated but really I see that
warning as arse covering. Remove the loft insulation under and
immediately adjacent to the pump and construct a box to fit over it
that you can insulate or make from insulation board of some sort. It
might be worth having some holes top and bottom of the box to allow
ventilation and heat from the pump out, try running it for 20 mins
with the cover on and see if it gets "too hot".

Also the pump does not work anyway, i.e no water at all and the pump
does not kick in. I have test the voltage and it looks ok.

Have you turned the water supplies back on? Does that model of pump
have built in flow switches? You may have an air lock does water flow
out of the shower head or appear at the mixer connections under
gravity.

--
Cheers
Dave.