Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Refrigeration Question

Does the oil leak out all the time, or just when the unit is
running?

Does the oil smell like anything? For example, cherry pits,
licorice, or asphalt driveway sealer?

This will help us identify the problem.

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"Michael Dobony" wrote in
message .. .
We have a commercial 3 door refrigerator that will not stay
running. It has
gone through many compressors, including a brand new one
last time. The
accumulator/filter is plugged and there is black oil coming
out of the
line. This does not seem right. I know there needs to be oil
in the lines,
but I doubt it needs as much as was dripping out of the line
and I question
whether it should be black. Are my assumptions correct so
far? My thought
was to get the compressor replaced and find some solution to
clean out the
lines from the oil and dirt in them. I don't think that a
vacuum pump will
do the job of cleaning out all the oil and junk. Is there a
solution
(liquid cleaner to wash out the lines) available and where
would I get it?