Posted to alt.home.repair
JIMMIE JIMMIE is offline

Default What would you do?

On Jul 28, 12:59*am, "SteveB" wrote:
I just bought a very small trailer to use behind my ATV for farm use. *Low
speed. *It has 4.00/4.80-8 tires on it. *They are a little dryrotted. *Would
you get some tubes and put them in there, or just get new tires and use them
tubeless? *Trouble I have with tubeless tires is half the time they're flat,
and they can be a booger to seat the bead. *I put some Slime in there, and
once they seal, they're pretty good to go. *My local tire place would
probably put the new tubes in there for the price of the tubes. *I do
business with them, and they usually do flat fixes for free anyway.

Steve

When my father in law passed away I started taking care of the place.
He had a nice riding lawm more but the tires on it were dry rotted and
leaked. Instead of buying new tires I put tubes in them and got nearly
three more years of use out of them.

Jimmie