Posted to alt.home.repair
Lee B Lee B is offline

Default Ceiling Fans

Kate wrote:
Does anyone have a ceiling fan in their bedroom, right above the bed,
and if so, do you recommend it?

I am thinking about installing a fan above my bed, but would like some
feedback first. Is it noisy, does the air blow directly onto your face,
and does it make you feel uneasy with the blades spinning above your head?

Many thanks.

Kate

I had a ceiling fan in my last house, and when I moved I couldn't wait
to have one installed in the new (well 1950's) house. It's centered in
the middle of the room, so it doesn't it really doesn't blow into my
face. It's not noisy; I can hear it a little, but it's more of a white
noise. I've never worried about the blades spinning above my head. (I
had someone else install it.... if I'd tried to do it myself, I would
have worried G).

One thing I'm very glad I did with the new fan that I didn't have at the
old place - I bought a remote control kit. That way if it starts to get
too cool in the middle of the night, it's very easy to turn the speed
down or off.