George

Default Any tools still made in the USA?

If you're a grandpa, you must remember the three-year vehicle. So you've
picked a bad example, in my opinion. I'm _glad_ they don't make 'em like
they used to. I'm running about eight/ten years in salt country right now,
and 150K+, which was unheard of when I was a kid.

As to manufacturing, might I submit:

Foundry/factory puts out smoke, noise, uses up resources. NIMBY!

Got to let people who hate what I stand for as an owner "organize" in my
plant. They risk nothing, I everything to start it.

Have to be a good corporate citizen and pay more taxes even if it bankrupts
me. I don't get to define citizenship, either.

Oh yes, conspiracy theories aside, the money _isn't_ in making 'em, but
selling 'em.

"Grandpa" jsdebooATcomcast.net wrote in message
Not many, costs too much to produce them here, plus, if you make a tool
to last a long time then you can't sell many of them. Have you noted
that cars last until you make your last payment, then fall to pieces?
We are digging ourselves into a huge hole.

Brian Elfert wrote:

Is any woodworking maachinery for the hobbyist still made in the USA?

Brian Elfert