Posted to rec.woodworking
Luigi Zanasi Luigi Zanasi is offline

Default Google Groups Search

On Jul 29, 8:37*pm, Gordon Shumway wrote:
On Wed, 29 Jul 2009 22:30:00 -0400, "J. Clarke"

wrote:
Gordon Shumway wrote:
On Wed, 29 Jul 2009 17:29:24 -0700 (PDT), Mike wrote:

So, I was trying to do a search of the group archives using Google
Groups. It seems that I'm only getting results from the past month. I
did a test search on the term 'saw' and only got 280 results, with
the oldest being from July 9.

I've looked all over in the groups preferences and so on, but cannot
find anything that would set a limit on the age of the results. Any
one have the same problem, or a fix?

Get yourself a news reader and use a news server instead of Google.

A news readar and news server is not a substitute for the dejanews archive
that Google maintains, containing posts going back into the late '80s.

I'm not too sure about your "dejanews archive" statement. *I just
looked at Google Groups for the first time tonight. *There are
currently 216,000+ messages archived in this group at Google. *At the
same time there are also 216,000+ messages on NewsGuy. *Actually there
are a few hundred more on newsguy than Google but who's counting.

With that information I wouldn't be surprised to know that Google is
maintaining a Newsguy archive.

You can see a whole lot of rec.woodworking posts archived by Google
back to 1994 or so on my humour page.

http://www.yukonomics.ca/wooddorking/humour.html

Luigi