Posted to rec.woodworking
Gordon Shumway Gordon Shumway is offline

Default Google Groups Search

On Wed, 29 Jul 2009 20:54:15 -0500, Tom Veatch wrote:

On Wed, 29 Jul 2009 19:46:50 -0500, Gordon Shumway
wrote:

Get yourself a news reader and use a news server instead of Google.

I believe the typical news server doesn't archive the content. If
that's the case, the only posts that would be available would be those
within that server's retention policy which varies from provider to
provider.

There may be more complete archives of specific groups, but it's my
understanding that Google Groups is probably the most complete (least
incomplete?) general archive available.

Tom Veatch
Wichita, KS
USA

Tom,

Currently there are over 30,000 posts on Newsguy that match the OP's
criteria. The oldest is dated May of 2005. I have no idea how long
Google retains posts for but I would think it wouldn't be that long.

Gordon Shumway